Are you making a difference in your community?
Apply for the Queen’s Young Leaders Pogramme. Over the next five years,this life changing Programme has been established by The Queen Elizabeth Diamond Jubilee Trust and runs in partnership with Comic Relief and the Royal Commonwealth Society in honour of The Queen’s 60-year contribution to the Commonwealth.
The Queen’s Young Leaders Programme will support thousands of young people (18-29) to make their visions of a better society a reality. Comprising two parts, it will create a lasting legacy for the Queen through:
- An Awards scheme to recognise the achievements of 240 inspirational young people and provide support enabling them to take up leadership roles and inspire future leaders
- Grants to support organisations in selected countries across the Commonwealth that work with young people to transform their lives
Young people from all across the Commonwealth can apply or be nominated to win an award and become a Queen’s Young Leader.
Young people who have already achieved something extraordinary for themselves and others are also taking part in the event
Each application/nomination must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants/nominees need to have proven experience of working to improve their communities locally, regionally or at a national level and be able to show evidence of their achievements.
- Applicants/nominees must be aged between 18 and 29 for the year of the award and be citizens of a Commonwealth country.
- Applicants/nominees need to demonstrate evidence of their leadership qualities.
- Priority will be given to individuals who have overcome challenges to achieve their goals.
- All applicants/nominees need to be supported by a suitable referee. All applications/nominations will be considered based on the young person’s achievements to date as well as their potential and their future ambition
Each year from 2014 to 2018, 60 inspirational young people will be selected to receive a Queen’s Young Leaders Award and become ‘Queen’s Young Leaders’ – one for every year that The Queen had served as Head of the Commonwealth at the time of her Diamond Jubilee. At least one young person from every Commonwealth country will receive a Queen’s Young Leaders Award.