Young Scientist Innovation Award Download forms here: Sharefair_ Call for Technologies_7July_ FINAL Sharefair Young scientist innovation call_7July_FINAL_ blackwhite Sharefair Young scientist innovation call_7 July_FINAL_colour Entry form for technologies 7 July_FINAL
!Young Scientist Innovation Award!
INDIVIDUALS AND GROUPS OF STUDENTS ARE INVITED TO SUBMIT THEIR IDEAS, INNOVATIONS AND TECHNOLOGIES FOR CONSIDERATION
SUBMISSIONS ARE WELCOME UNDER THE FOLLOWING TWO CATEGORIES:
- Innovations and technologies benefiting women smallholder farmers
- Innovations and technologies benefiting People With Disabilities (PWDs) who are engaging in smallholder farming
Consideration will be given to submissions which are relevant to the award categories and:
- Enhance food security
- Improve nutritional value
- Increase productivity and yield
- Add value and increase income potential
- Reduce labour and time intensity
- Respond to climate-related challenges
- Use locally available inputs
- Are affordable and socially sustainable
- Reduce postharvest loss
Eligible Countries: Burundi, Djibouti, D.R. of Congo, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Rwanda, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
HOW TO APPLY:
Guidelines and entry forms can be downloaded from the Sharefair website http://www.empowerwomen.org/ sharefair2014/ysia and sent to:
by 15 August 2014
All submissions will be judged by a credible panel of experts.Consideration will only be given to submissions from groups or individuals currently enrolled in a learning institution. Evidence of enrollment will be required.
*Young female scientists encouraged to apply*
Award winners will be sponsored to showcase their innovations at the Sharefair in Nairobi, Kenya!